Our NEW hair straighteners education pack will guide you through running effective, engaging discussions with parents and carers, exploring the dangers and the best ways to protect young children from preventable burns.
It is very easy-to-use – even if you’ve no knowledge of preventing burns or limited experience of facilitating groups. It offers maximum flexibility – use one or more of the cards to run anything from a bite-size discussion to a longer session. And you can use it over and over again – just order more flyers.
The pack contains:
1) Laminated cards
A folder with seven laminated cards. You’ll find:
- Advice on how to bring your session to life with stories, props and demonstrations, plus how to help parents change their behaviour.
- Guidance and tips on how to start and steer a discussion on hair straightener burns.
- Two detailed accident case studies, with suggested questions designed to help parents think through each scenario.
- First aid advice for burns, including answers to common questions.
- Information about the benefits of heat-proof safety pouches.
- Three cards linking hair straightener burns to child development for babies, toddlers and small children. These have flash cards on the front, designed to get parents talking about the picture they can see, and session plans on the back, to support you in running a discussion.
20 copies of our Keep hair straighteners out of my reach! flyer to hand out to parents. The flyer offers a colourful, easy-to-read reminder of the risks plus essential safety and first aid tips.
3) Heat proof pouch
A Cloud Nine heat proof pouch to demonstrate how to store hair straighteners safely.