What we do
CAPT's work stops children being killed, disabled or seriously injured in accidents - without wrapping them in cotton wool.
Child safety advice to families
- We give free child safety advice to parents and carers on our website, as well as online quizzes and activities on popular safety topics.
- We distribute family-friendly resources like picture booklets, leaflets, posters and DVDs. Staff working with families can buy these from our shop, and distribute them to parents and carers in their local communities.
- We spread key safety messages and help change behaviour through our safety campaigns. We reach millions of children, young people, parents and grandparents UK-wide through Child Safety Week. One in ten parents surveyed made their children safer from serious accidents because of this work.
Supporting professionals working with children and families
We support over 25,000 frontline staff UK-wide who work with children, young people, and their families. We provide:
- factsheets, good practice guides and child safety resources for professionals.
- monthly email newsletters packed with the latest safety information and advice
- a number of in-house training and open courses, consultancy and mentoring services.
Supporting senior professionals and policymakers
Our Making the Link project supports senior practitioners and policymakers working to prevent unintentional injury to children and young people in England. We carry out the following activities:
- Partnership and networking events
- Specialist master classes on child injury prevention
- Mentoring local authorities and public health teams
- Sharing of best practice case studies and strategies
Sharing of local evidence of what works in child injury prevention
- Visit the Making the Link website